Wednesday, January 11, 2012

How it all started... a Love Story Contest!



One of my favorite things about being a portrait and wedding photographer is that I not only get to meet wonderful people, but I get to hear their wonderful stories.  As the month of February approaches I have decided to do yet another contest!!  Tell me your story.. tell me how you met, or how he ( or she) proposed!  Let me know what makes your relationship so wonderful.  The winner of this contest will get to have their story published... in pictures that is!

The Contest
Post a picture of you and your loved one on your own facebook page, with your a story of how he ( or she) proposed in the description.  Then, in the comment section of this post, submit a link to your photograph, along with your name.
Or if you are a little shy, please send me your story along with a picture of you and your loved one to alexia@alexiawardell.com
 My two favorite stories will be published and then my fans will vote on them! 

The Prize
The winner of this contest will win a free engagement session, with a High Resolution Cd of the digital images from the session, as well as a personalized Photo Guestbook for your wedding.  Or if you are already married, you will receive a free family or couples session, with a High Resolution Cd of the digital images from the session, and a 2012 Calendar from the session.

Second Place will win a free engagement session ( or family)  with an 11x14 print. 

The Rules

1. This contest is open to all, however you must be able to redeem your prize in Sonora CA.  If, in order to redeem your prize, Alexia Wardell Photography must travel outside a 25 mile radius of Sonora CA, you will either forfeit your prize or you can opt to pay the travel cost. 

2. Only one entry per couple.

3. You must post your win on your facebook page, mentioning Alexia Wardell Photography in the post.

4. Pictures submitted must be in good taste.  Anything that is deemed in bad taste will be disqualified. 

5. The winner of the contest must agree to post images from their session on facebook with Alexia    Wardell's watermark on the image.  Images will have a small studio logo stamped on the print. 

6. The prize expires one year after contest ends.

1 comment:

  1. I had known Josh for about five years prior to our engagement. We had dated off and on during that time, had a few falling outs, made up, but more than anything, Josh was my best friend. The day he proposed, I thought we were going on a hike. There are some hills and hiking trail in Hayward CA that I used to play in when I would visit my grandmother as a child. I had pointed them out once to Josh as we were traveling through. That day we traveled to Hayward, we stopped at Subway for some "picnic" food to take with us. We started our hike but didn't get very far. We came to a big field where I remember Cows always hanging out as a child. As we sat down to eat, I kept on jabbering on and on about one thing or another. Josh had finished his food really fast, and I could tell he was anxious for me to finish, but I had no idea why. Later he told me it was the longest meal he had ever eaten. After I finished my food, we started to pack up to continue our hike. As we started to put things away, he grabbed my hand and said,
    "oh wait, I almost forgot something". He pulled out a big blue box from his backpack. He started to talk to me about our friendship, and how much I had meant to him and how he had realized while I was away serving a mission that I was everything he had wanted in a wife... as he spoke, he slowly got down on one knee. Inside the box was a beautiful music box and around the ballerina's waist was the most beautiful ring I had ever seen. I never picked my own ring out, but if I had, that would have been it. It was gorgeous. I, of course said yes, and we were married about three months later.

    ReplyDelete