Monday, January 23, 2012

Cinemagraph- Photos come to life.

One of the things I love about art is that things are always changing, there are always new ways to express yourself and to enhance what is already interesting or beautiful.  I had a fellow photographer friend, Nathaniel Ray Photography (if you have not already checked him out please do, he is fantastic) who was recently exposed to this type of medium and shared it on his own blog.  I LOVED what I saw.  Cinemagraphs have been around since the 80's, but in my opinion, in this digital age, it has the potential to make a comeback.
   Below is my first attempt at a cinemagraph.  Check out the link for more sophisticated versions.. but I hope you enjoy this fun little piece.
  

2 comments:

  1. That is too cool!! My girls are giggling up a storm!!! Fun stuff! Kinda like real life Harry Potter pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW right??!! That is what I thought the first time I saw them... I wish I could do my Alice in Wonderland pics all over again ( which I totally might) and use this technique to do...only thing is I would have to have a digital frame in order to make it work for display!

    ReplyDelete